但是的英文怎么读?别再傻傻分不清啦!
"But" is a preposition in English that expresses contrast or opposition. It can be used to introduce an objection, disagreement, or counterargument. Here are some common ways to use "but" in English:
1. Expressing Contrast or Opposition:
- "I love chocolate, but I don't like the taste of it." (我喜欢巧克力,但我不爱吃它的口味。)
- "She's beautiful, but she's not as smart as you." (她很漂亮,但她不如你聪明。)
- "He's kind, but he's not as honest as you." (他很善良,但他不如你诚实。)
2. Expressing Disagreement or Counterargument:
- "I think you should go to the party, but I think you should stay home." (我认为你应该去参加聚会,但我认为你应该留在家里。)
- "I agree with you, but I disagree with your decision." (我同意你的观点,但我不同意你的决定。)
- "I appreciate your help, but I don't need it right now." (我很感激你的帮助,但我不需要它现在。)
3. Expressing Confusion or Surprise:
- "I didn't know you were coming, but here you are!" (我不知道你会来,但你来了!)
- "I thought you would be late, but you arrived early." (我以为你会迟到,但你提前到了。)
- "I expected you to be angry, but you seem fine." (我预料你会生气,但你看起来没事。)
4. Expressing Explanation or Clarification:
- "I was confused about what happened, but now I understand." (我对发生了什么感到困惑,但现在我明白了。)
- "I thought you meant something different, but it turns out you were referring to the same thing." (我以为你指的是不同的事情,但事实证明你是在指同一件事。)
- "I assumed you were upset, but it seems you're actually happy." (我以为你很沮丧,但看来你其实是很开心的。)
5. Expressing Agreement or Concurrence:
- "I agree with you, and I also believe in your point of view." (我同意你的观点,我也相信你的观点。)
- "I see your point, and I think we both have valid arguments." (我理解你的观点,我认为我们都有合理的论点。)
- "I share your sentiment, and I think we should both consider this issue." (我和你一样有这种感觉,我认为我们应该都考虑这个问题。)
Remember that "but" is often used to introduce a contrast or opposition between two ideas, so it's important to choose the appropriate context for its usage.
